35 hours per week, £15,500 pro rata, initial 6 month contract with possibility for extension
Closing date: 14th June 2019 at 6pm
We’re looking for a creative sewing and admin assistant to join our small team in our Edinburgh Studio. We are looking for an experienced hand and machine sewer who can work quickly and efficiently.
You will be doing approximately 3 days of sewing and 2 days of admin and customer service. Sewing tasks will involve working on both individual and bulk orders, including cut, construction and hand finishing. It could also include working with foam and plastics. Administrative tasks will include answering emails and the phone, processing and packing orders and greeting customers.
- Extensive sewing portfolio
- Neat and efficient sewing
- Administrative skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Works well with others
- Professional sewing and admin experience
- Customer service experience
- Knowledge of sculptural/ structural materials
- Hardworking and patient mentality
- Photography skills
- Knowledge of photoshop
- Good drawing skills
- Mechanical/ electrical knowledge
- Experience of social media for business
To apply, please send a CV, cover letter and 6 high quality images of your work to firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition, we would be interested to hear from local sewers who could take on casual work during busy times.