We are hiring!
Title: Picture to Puppet Administrator
Hours: 20 hours per week, ideally over a five day week.
Permanent position pending successful completion of 6-month probation period
Salary: £10286 per annum (£18000 pro rata)
Start date: Negotiable
Location: A flexible blend between our studio in Leith, Edinburgh, and working at home
How to apply: Send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Administrator Application” in the email subject.
Picture to Puppet is looking for a highly organised administrator with knowledge of sewing and textiles.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Keeping on top of a busy inbox of customer and communication
- Keeping track of each commission from the start of the process to the end
- Sourcing appropriate materials for each unique commission
- Logging order details using our project management software Asana
- Monitoring queue of orders and liaising with repair staff to ensure orders are dispatched in a timely manner
- Invoicing and tracking payments
- Logging transactions through our accounting software Quickbooks
- Keeping records of receipts, tying them up with transactions
- Managing petty cash
- Updating the website
- Ordering office supplies
- Working with other staff to continually improve internal processes and procedures
The successful candidate will:
- Be highly organised, and have a high level of attention to detail. The job requires you to be able to juggle priorities, working efficiently, keeping on top of your own task load and monitoring the task load of staff.
- Have administrative and/or project management experience
- Have some sewing experience.
- Have a knowledge of textiles and fabrics
- Have very strong interpersonal skills. You will be the central point of communication across the business, and main point of contact for customers.
- Be diligent in following finance procedures.
- Have strong computer literacy and a willingness to adapt to using new software.
- Be able to adapt to change in a growing business.
- Use initiative to improve internal procedures.
Picture to Puppet is a small business making high quality custom puppets and soft toys to order. We offer a highly personal professional service and pride ourselves on the diversity of our portfolio. Have a browse through our website www.picturetopuppet.co.uk for more about us.